If you’re like most parents right now, you’re probably spending a lot more time with children at home during the global pandemic. While this can certainly be stressful as you balance work, online school, and household responsibilities, there are still easy ways to connect with your kids that will make this time count — and even make some great memories, too!
Please share additional ideas below!
Ten easy ways to connect with your kids
1. Make eye-contact when your kids enter the room. When kids see joy and acceptance in your eyes, it fills their heart beyond any physical gift that you could give them.
2. Tell your kids something that you appreciate about them each day (works great for spouses too :)).
3. Help your kids see their gifts and honor their uniqueness.
4. Ask your kids about their day using an open-ended question such as, “What was the best part of your day?” or “When did you feel most happy today?”
5. Learn something new together! Take up a new hobby, learn about a new culture, or test out a new recipe.
6. Eat a meal together as a family as often as possible.
7. Read a book together and discuss it.
8. Schedule special one-on-one “dates.”
9. Enjoy nature together. Go for a walk, collect leaves, set up a bird feeder and identify new birds that visit, or plant a garden.
10. Draw a picture together. Have each person contribute a section to the picture and build the story together.
We hope you and your families are taking care during this challenging time.
Please share your ideas below!
And if you’d like to help other children by becoming a certified WISDOM Coach, click here to get a sample coaching story and learn more.
*** The end ***
Adventure well, my friend!
Copyright (C) 2011-2020 Adventures in Wisdom, Inc. All Rights Reserved.