“Our thoughts create our fear. We create our thoughts!”
Most people feel anxiety or fear when stepping outside their comfort zone.
Fear of the unknown, fear of judgment, and self-doubt can defeat us before we can even take a step.
We can also experience fear of a person, place, or thing.
Learning to move through fear is a mindset skill that kids can learn!
Adventures in Wisdom teaches “5 Steps for Moving through Fear” so that kids can push through their fear and go for it anyway.
The 5 Steps for Moving through Fear are:
1. Name the fear
2. Explore the fear
3. Develop a plan
4. Visualize success
5. Take action!
And we use a coaching story called The Knight and Three Dragons to teach it.
Tips for Kids to Remember about Moving through Fear:
- Dragons are a creation of your mind (look for “What if” and “I don’t want” statements to identify the dragon of fear).
- Use the 5 Steps for Moving through Fear to slay the dragon. Remember that visualization prepares your brain for success.
- Your fear won’t go away until you move through it and take action.
- The more you slay dragons, the less often they will appear.
Case Study Video: How 11-year-old Cindy Learns the “5 Steps for Moving through Fear”
When 11-year-old Cindy chose to leave in-person school due to social challenges and bullying, her mom turned to WISDOM Coach Rahima to help Cindy:
- Develop self-esteem
- Build self-confidence, and
- Overcome her fears.
Watch the case study video to see:
- How WISDOM Coach Rahima helped 11-year-old Cindy get back to life
- The mindset skills Rahima taught BEFORE addressing the 5 Steps for Moving through Fear
- The 5 Steps for Moving through Fear and how Cindy used these to overcome a fear of the dark, returning to school and facing bullies
- The impact on Cindy, her family and her coach
- How you can get one of the resources Rahima used as well as a handout for the 5 Steps for Moving through Fear
What was the end result? We received this email from Rahima a few weeks later:
*** The end ***
Adventure well, my friend!
Copyright (C) 2011-2022 Adventures in Wisdom, Inc. All Rights Reserved.