Developing “the whole child” is becoming more important now than ever before!
Why? Because a lot of parents are concerned about whether or not their children have fallen behind in school, due to the disruptions of the past year.
Parents are concerned about gaps in academics and gaps in their child’s social emotional development. And many parents are reaching out to teachers, tutors, life coaches and counselors for help.
Educators, teachers, and tutors are concerned as well. So, many are seeking resources to support them with these amplified student needs.
They all want to develop the whole child!
Watch a passionate discussion between an educator and kids’ mindset expert …
Educator, reading tutor, and online tutoring expert, Joanne Kaminski, recently interviewed Renaye Thornborrow, an expert on teaching mindset skills to kids. Renaye is the founder of Adventures in Wisdom, a company that has certified hundreds of life coaches for kids on using a proven curriculum to teach mindset skills using stories and activities.
There is a strong synergy between tutoring and life coaching for kids because both specialties work with children step-by-step to build and improve skills. Whether these are academic skills or life skills!
Joanne and Renaye explored:
- How mindset skills, including growth mindset, help kids build self-esteem, self-confidence, resilience, and a life they love
- How kids who are struggling with school, or who are working with tutors, can achieve better results by building skills such as being respectful, maintaining self-esteem in the face of teasing, goal setting and more
- How tutors can get even better results by adding life coaching to their tool set or connecting their students to a life coach for kids
Watch their passionate discussion in the video above.
Watch short excerpts by topic below.
Respect: How to teach kids to respect tutors and parents – by choice! (3-minute video)
Self-esteem and teasing: Helping students who are struggling to have self-esteem, even in the face of teasing (3:42-minute video)
Growth Mindset – How does “growth mindset” fit with life coaching for kids? (2-minute video)
Positive self-talk – How positive self-talk helps educators, teachers and tutors get better results with students (2-minute video)
Goals – How to help kids set goals and achieve goals, including being an “A” student (if that’s what they want!) (4:50-minute video)
Help kids get better results and generate extra income for you – as a life coach for kids
If you want to develop the whole child and to help kids develop the growth mindset and social emotional wellbeing needed for success in school and success in life, we invite you to learn more about becoming a certified life coach for kids (a WISDOM Coach®).
Many WISDOM Coaches are educators who use their mindset development and coaching skills on the job and as a supplemental business outside of school hours.
WISDOM Coaches use a proven curriculum that uses fun stories and activities to teach 27 mindset skills to kids 6-12 years old.
Certification can be done in your own home, on your own time, at your own pace.
How to get started…
- Experience the curriculum by requesting the free Self-talk coaching story, “Choosing Your BFF (Best Friend Forever)” and skill book using the button below
- Watch the Overview about becoming a life coach for kids (you will get the video when you request the free self-talk story)
Request a free copy of one of the most popular coaching stories, “Choosing Your BFF ( Best Friend Forever)“. This story teaches the mindset skill of self-talk. Self-talk is a foundation skill for self-esteem, self-confidence, resilience and success.
This coaching story and skill book comes directly from the curriculum. You get both the Children’s Guide and Mentor’s Guide, so you have everything you need to teach this critical skill.
Now is your time to develop the whole child. And we’re here to help.
Watch Educator, Tara, share why she became a life coach for kids
Other videos from the Joanne and Renaye interview:
- How positive self-talk helps educators, teachers and tutors get better results with students –(video and article)
- How to teach students to respect teachers, tutors, and parents – by choice! (video and article)
- How to help kids set goals and understand the brain science for success (article and video)
- How to help students who struggle in the classroom to build self-esteem (article and video)
- How does “growth mindset” fit with life coaching for kids? (video and article)
About Renaye Thornborrow
Renaye is leading a worldwide movement to empower children through life coaching and mindset skills training. Renaye is the author of The Adventures in Wisdom Life Coaching Program for Kids Curriculum™ and the founder of Adventures in Wisdom. Since 2013, her company has certified WISDOM Coaches in over 30 countries, helping these coaches transform the lives of children and families while supporting them to create a business they love as a life coach for kids. Renaye is a personal development expert, a member of the International Coaching Federation and former three-year board member of the Association of Coach Training Organizations. Learn more here.
About Joanne Kaminski
Joanne spent three years as a classroom teacher and was quickly promoted to the Reading Curriculum Coordinator. As the Coordinator, she was in charge of all the reading interventions in the school. She also coached teachers in reading strategies that would help bring their students to the next level. She went back to school to achieve a Masters as a Reading Specialist and started an online reading tutoring business where she worked with students from around the world. Joanne now teaches others how to start a successful, independent online tutoring business. Learn more here.
P.S. If you’d like to create a business you love life coaching kids…
click to learn about becoming a certified WISDOM Coach!
If you’re a parent and you’d like to learn about the home study program…
click here for our resources for parents!
*** The end ***
Adventure well, my friend!
Copyright (C) 2011-2021 Adventures in Wisdom, Inc. All Rights Reserved.